Finally, we are going to share the method How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, and you can also Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. The phone is already in market and if you bought it and looking for a way to root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ then you are in the right place. Follow the below guide to How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ & Install TWRP.
If you are a Galaxy S8 and S8+ user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Thanks to developer jesec, who provide the unofficial TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ with that you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 and S8+. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Some benefits of Rooting:
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After rooting, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- This method only works on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Exynos Variants).
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download Official TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8
- Download Official TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8+
List of device Supported
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (Exynos variants – G950F/FD/N/X)
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Exynos variants – G955F/FD/N/X)
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ & Install TWRP
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
- First enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
- Run the Odin_xx.exe file on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the Bixby and volume downbuttons, then press the power button. until you see the download mode screen.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
- Now locate and add the twrp-3.1.0-r1_0424_dreamlte.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
- Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install TWRP 3.1.0 recovery on Galaxy S8/S8+.
Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
- After flashing TWRP Recovery, boot your device into the recovery mode by press and hold the Bixby and volume up buttons, then press the power button. Once phone turns on lets go of the power, while still keeping Bixby and volume up buttons pressed.
- You are in TWRP recovery of Galaxy S8. Now it’s time to Root Galaxy S8 Plus and disable Encryption.
- In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and navigate to the folder /twres/flashables/ and select no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.
- Now swipe to Flash the above file and reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Now go to the main menu in TWRP and select Wipe> Format Data.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode again.
- Now in TWRP recovery click on Install Zip and navigate to the folder /twres/flashables/ and select Magisk-v12.0-arm64.zip file to root Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Swipe to install Magisk and reboot your device.
So, This was the complete guide to Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. If you have any questions, then comment below.