Recently, Huawei Released Nougat Update for P9 Lite. You only need to engineered boot image which can be flashed via custom recovery. Here we are going to share how to root your Nougat Updated P9 Lite. For this, we need Revolution Recovery, Thank to BadWolfYe, member of xda for doing this great job!. If you have not installed yet so you can install Android Nougat on your P9 Lite.
Some benefits of Rooting:
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After rooting, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- This method only works on Nougat 7.0 (for B328/B329/B33X).
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Galaxy Huawei P9 Lite on Android Nougat:
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot on Windows or ADB drivers for Mac.
- Download and install Huawei USB Drivers.
How to Install:
- Download this file (for B328/B329) or this file (for B33X) or this file (for B36X with colaboration of @HassanMirza01)
- Put in external card
- Flash this in Revolution Recovery
- After reboot install this app from Google Play
The file it’s boot.img modded and signed for boot.
So this is the complete guide to Root Huawei P9 Lite on Android Nougat easily. If you have any questions, then comment below.