Finally, here the method: How to Root Galaxy S7/ Galaxy S7 Edge on Android Nougat (T-mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint). Recently, Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices in the US (Snapdragon variants) receives the Nougat update. Thanks to the developer Araltd who provide the files to Root Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge on Android Nougat (all variants) within minutes. The rooting method supports all US variants including Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint, and AT&T. Follow the below guide to Root Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge on Android Nougat.
To Root Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge Snapdragon Variant on Android Nougat, you need an engineered boot image which can be flashed via ODIN. The process to Root Galaxy S7/S7 Edge on Android Nougat will break Samsung Pay on your device, but this process is reversible, and you can unroot anytime. Check How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge on Android Nougat from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After rooting, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- This method only works on USA Qualcomm Galaxy S7/S7 Edge T-mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint only don’t try this on other variants.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Galaxy S7/S7Edge Snapdragon Variant on Android Nougat –
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot on Windows or ADB drivers for Mac.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
- Download Engineered boot.tar
- Download SuperSU 2.79 root.bat
- Download PrinceComsy modified ODIN
Steps to Root Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge on Android Nougat –
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlocking’ from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now Download all files from above and extract it.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the modified Odin 3.12 file on your PC.
5) Connect your phone to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.
7) Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
8) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
9) Now locate and add the S7edge_Qualcomm.tar (For S7 Edge) or S7_Qualcomm.tar (For S7) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. Your phone will restart after flashing is done.
12) now extract the S7Root_Unroot_SU_2_79.zip file in ADB and Fastboot Folder.
13) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
14) Now enter the command root.bat in a command window or simply double click the root.bat file to run it.
15) If asked for any permissions on your phone, Grant it.
16) Now, wait until the process finish.
So this is the complete guide to Root Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge on Android Nougat easily. If you have any questions, then comment below.